- The CarTrek platform can only be used by individuals who
are 18 and older.
- As a user of the CarTrek platform, you must provide
accurate and relevant information regarding your
- You must read and accept our terms and conditions
before you register for a trip as a rider or a driver.
- Use of the Services
- In order to be a driver on the CarTrek platform, you must
fulfill the following conditions:
- You have a valid driver's license.
- You either own or have permission to use the car that
you drive on a trip.
- You are the only person driving on a trip that you post
on our platform.
- Your insurance must cover carpooling. Your passengers
are considered third parties and must be covered by
your insurance for during your trip.
- You may not post the same ride more than once.
- You may not advertise more seats than you physically
in your car or accept more passengers than there are
- Every seat in your car must have a seatbelt.
- Your car must be in good condition for driving the
- All information advertised about your trip must be
accurate, and you claim full responsibility for the
accuracy of said information, including dates and times,
pickup and drop-off locations, number of seats
available, and the cost to a passenger. You are also
responsible for notifying any passengers of any changes
pertaining to your trip.
- CarTrek reserves the right to modify these conditions at
- In order to be a passenger of any trip on the CarTrek
platform, you must abide by the following restrictions:
- You are only permitted to book a seat for a third party
if you can provide the name, age, and telephone number
of the third party.
- You are not permitted to book a seat for a minor under
the age of 13 who is travelling alone.
- This platform is not meant to transport animals or
objects. Seats may only be reserved for personal travel.
- Cancellation Policy
- If the driver cancels a trip after any passengers have
booked and confirmed seats, all passengers will be
refunded the entire cost of booking, including service
fees and any other fees.
- If a passenger cancels a booking more than 24 hours before
the departure time, the cost of the trip will be refunded
excluding the service fee.
- If a passenger cancels 24 hours or fewer and less than 30
minutes after the booking confirmation, the passenger will
be refunded the cost of the trip excluding the service
- If a passenger cancels 24 hours or fewer and more than 30
minutes after the booking confirmation, the passenger
will receive 50% of the cost of the trip excluding the
- If the passenger cancels within twenty minutes of the
departure time or fails to arrive at the pickup location
within twenty minutes of the departure time, no refund
will be issued.
- Expected Behavior
- Drivers are expected to behave according to the following
- Respect all preexisting laws and regulations
pertaining to driving.
- Do not engage in risky behavior while driving.
- Your car must be in good working condition.
- Provide all passengers with your contact
- Do not refuse any booking on the basis of race, color,
ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy,
economic status, health, or age.
- Do not post a trip unless you intend to take it.
- Wait for passengers at least 20 minutes after the
agreed pickup time.
- Notify all passengers immediately of any changes to
the details of your trip
- Behave responsibly during your trip
- Passengers are expected to behave according to the
- Respect the driver and their car
- Inform the driver immediately if your arrival will be
- Wait for the driver for at least 20 minutes after the
- Provide your contact information to the driver
- Any third party that you book a trip for must also
agree to these terms and conditions
- Role of CarTrek
- CarTrek does not own or manage any of the cars that our
users drive or ride in and is not responsible for the
behavior of either drivers or passengers.
- We cannot be held liable for any of the following:
- Incorrect or inaccurate information posted by a
- Cancellation or modification of a trip by a
- Passenger's inability to pay for a trip after trip is
- The behavior of any user of our platform